Your senior year in High School is supposed to be “the best year of your life.” How much do you remember?
1. Who was your best friend? Sam, Mark, Dorie and Sue
2. What was your favorite sport? Track! 400 meters and mile relay
3. What kind of car did you drive? Didn’t!
4. It’s Friday night, where were you? Either at home hanging out with the family (lame, I know,) or out with friends having a good ole’ time but really not causing (too much) trouble… was pretty tame back then
5. Were you a party animal? Nope — was an athlete (and confirmed nerd)
6. Were you in the “In Crowd”? Sort of, but having been a nerdy, teased little kid, I was careful not to leave people out
7. Ever skip school? No – senior year was too much fun (and it was a small, private school, so I wouldn’t have gotten away with it!)
8. The best thing during homecoming? Homecoming?
9. Were you a nerd? Pretty much.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? No.
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? I don’t think we had one.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? Ms. DP – my amazing English teacher.
13. Favorite classes? English, Writing.
14. School mascot? Gryphon (mythological eagle/lion creature)
15. Did you go to prom? Yes, with my friends Sam, Mark and Dorie (or was that the Fall Dance? It’s all a blur.)
16. If you could go back and do it over, would you? No, but I would dress less dorky. What were we thinking?
17. Last one, favorite memory of your Senior Year? Boys and Girls Track Teams staying up at the lake with Mom and Dad before the state meet.