How is it possible that I never knew about these before?
3 oz. rum (not that I measure)
Juice of 1 lime
1 T sugar
Mint leaves (maybe 15)
Rubber bands (optional)
1) Use a fork (or a sharp knife or your teeth or a hammer) to mash up the mint leaves and release their minty goodness.
2) Throw mint into a tall glass along with the lime juice, sugar, and rum. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
3) Add ice, top off with seltzer.
4) Sluuuuurp (see, you need the straw) and smile until it’s gone.
5) Pout and wonder why the mojitos are always gone.